Sunday, July 22, 2012

Avalanche Bars

I am a regular pinner over on Pinterest, as some of you may already know.  I have a board called Food Bucket List, and I am doing my best to achieve it all! Though I have pinned so many recipes, it might be an impossible feat... REGARDLESS, I will show what I can accomplish!

I was having some ladies over for a girls night, and decided I needed to try the Avalanche Bars... They are no bake, so I say, even better on a hot summer day!!  They are so easy to make, and SOOOO good... IF, you like white chocolate and peanut butter... (in my opinion, how could you not?)

I will include the recipe below, but here are some photos of the steps.

First, you melt a bag of white chocolate chips and then mix in a quarter cup of peanut till its all blended and smooth (and yummy)


Then you add your 3 cups of rice krispies (or if you are me and did it backwards with bowl sizes, you add your mixture to your rice krispies! hehe) and stir... the white chocolate mixture might still be warm, so you have let it sit a little, stirring occasionally so that it doesn't stick totally yet. When it's cool enough you add your mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips.


Once everything looks good and combined, you pour it all into your greased pan, and pat the mixture down with the back of the spoon... be careful not to press too much, you don't to make your treats too hard.

Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top, and set aside to, well, set!  and Viola you have Avalanche Bars...




Yummy, Avalanche Bars... there were only 4 left, and I had to get them out of the house so I didn't eat the rest by myself, so I brought them to work, and they were devoured there!  They are super quick and easy to make, you'd be missing out if you didn't give them a shot!

Recipe:
Ingredients
  • 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (plus some extra to sprinkle on top) 
 Prep
  1. Lightly grease a 9x9 pan
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips at 50% power for 1 minute, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until melted.
  3. Stir in peanut butter, and mix until blended and smooth
  4. Add Rice Krispies
  5. Let cool 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally
  6. Add marshmallows and mini chocolate chips, stir to combine
  7. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and press down (not too much)
  8. Sprinkle mini chips on top, lightly pressing them in
  9. Leave to set, cut into squares when ready to serve, and enjoy the yummy goodness that is an Avalanche Bar!!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment