Sunday, December 5, 2010

John Deer and Farm Animal Cake and Cupcakes

I just realized how long it has been since I blogged... WOW... I have a lot to get done!!!  Lets start with Mason's John Deere Farm Animal Cake and cupcakes...

Simple carrot cake with cream cheese filling and frosting, covered in fondant.  All the animals and the John Deere tractor were hand sculpted from fondant.


Piggy on the side...


Cow on the side....

 
  Horse on the side...

Sheep on the side..


 Horse, cow, sheep, pig and tractor... all made of fondant.  Hay Bails made from fondant as well.


Sorry for the blurry pic, but a bit of a closeup on the tractor...


The animal cupcakes.  Marble cupcakes with green vanilla buttercream icing.  All animals are sculpted from fondant.  Some animals are 3D and some are 2D faces only.







I loved making these cupcakes, they were so much fun!  It was a lot of fondant, but worth every minute.  Had contemplated putting Mason's name on the cake, but felt it was too crowded.  All in all, I think everything went well, and my new client seemed pleased.
Happy birthday Mason!

1 comment:

  1. I love the whole john deer theme. The animals on the cupcake is adorable! Are they made of fondant?

    ReplyDelete