Monday, December 6, 2010

Jordyn's 2nd Birthday Elmo Cake

It's Elmo's world... and what better way to do an elmo cake than with some "Sesame Street's" and blocks.

My Elmo seemed a bit on the chunky side, but we'll just call him baby Elmo.  The block fronts were pretty uniform, and I wanted to include as much color as possible for the birthday girl.

The cake was vanilla with strawberry filling covered in vanilla buttercream and then green fondant.


Jordyn spelled out in block fronts... Little Elmo and his number 2 Block next to him. Green balls outline the bottom.


A number 2 block face in the back and the gray streets of Sesame laid across.



I am falling in love with making kids cakes.  It is so fulfilling knowing that it will brighten the little one's face when they see it.  Plus I get to use tons of colors and fun characters. My last Elmo cake was on a sheet cake, this was great to make a 3D one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment