Thursday, March 18, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Goodness!

WOW... I have followers... THANK YOU!!! :-) This is so exciting... I really hope I dont disappoint! 

I have a cake to make tomorrow night for a St. Patricks Day themed birthday cake.  It was supposed to be for last week, but got cancelled. So tomorrow night I will bake the cake and saturday morning decorate it before it needs to be delivered around 12:30. I'm really excited about it and cant wait to display photos of it.

Due to the cancellation of the cake last weekend, I had three layers of chocolate cake that needed to be used in some way.  I luckily had a birthday party to go to myself that night, and figured why not bring a cake along with the BBQ Pulled Pork sliders and cracker toffee's I was making.  I've been wanting to try out a peanut butter icing for quite some time and after confirming that the birthday boy liked that combination (actually its his favorite), I found a super easy recipe online and tinkered slightly to make it my own. The result was this beautiful creation that I actually referenced from another blogger Edible Moments.  Of course I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product... so you get a photo of it half eaten!  Its better than nothing. And if you jump over to the link, you will see I made it quite similar... the way I look at it, if it looks good, go with it... just give credit where credit is due... so Thank You Zahra for the inspiration!!

It was a big hit, but boy was it rich and sweet!! My only problem now is that I have a bunch of icing left.  I'll have to make some cupcakes tomorrow or something to along those lines... though if I make cupcakes, I always want to eat them, and that icing is not low fat!!! haha

I will have to share with everyone the next time I make my low-fat cupcakes... TO DIE FOR!!! :-) But I will leave that to another post!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been admiring your cakes on your mom's blog for a while now. I look forward to hearing about those cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks yummy. I will enjoy following your blog.

    Love Aunt Christine

    ReplyDelete