Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Makin' Whoopie... Pies ;-)

I saw a fellow blogger had a post about Whoopie Pies and how versatile they are and how yummy they are as well, and I felt compelled to give it a try myself.  I had some extra Peanut Butter buttercream that I was looking for an excuse to use, but wanted to make something new.  With a BBQ on the calendar, I figured why not go for the Whoopie Pies and do a flavor that I know is a favorite amongst my friends.  Chocolate and Peanut Butter... I know, I know, I do that post a lot, but it really does go over well with my group of friends, and I fear if I did anything different I would get cut out of the group ;-)

The batter was that of a wonderful airy chocolate cake... but a little thicker than plain cake batter...


One thing that I know I will need to do next time is to put the batter in a piping bag and pipe out the round "blobs" of batter, if you will, in order to keep some uniformity. Mine came out in many different shapes and sizes, which, in a way, gave them some character.


After finding the ones that matched as best as possible, I whipped the left over Peanut Butter Buttercream to be a bit thinner and creamier and piped them on in...

They came out pretty delicious, and I think the best part about it was how quick I was able to make them... and they made so many pies.  It was like mini cakes... I highly recommend them if you are thinking about making them.  I plan on trying different varieties and flavors, and when I do, you will certainly see them!

1 comment: