Monday, August 13, 2012

Chewy and Gooey Oreo Bars

I saw these on Bakergirl's Blog and had to make them... I knew I would eat the entire batch, so I made them for Johnny's guy friends... they are devouring them as I type this... I have to admit... I ate 2 before I even brought the plate into them! haha

They are SUPER easy to make... Ready for this... 3 ingredients and no baking!!!  I only got one picture, so it's going to be a short post!!






This picture doesnt do them justice... I guess I will have to make them again to get better pictures ;-)

So here's the recipe...
1 Package of Oreo's (crushed and crumbled, but not ground)
I bag of Large marshmallows
4 Tbsp of Butter

Crush up those Oreos and set aside... In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and the marshmallows... about 2 minutes, but keep your eye on them, they expand... take out of the microwave and mix together, add cookies, keep mixing until well combined... some mix until all black, I like them chunky like this!  Pour into a square pan lined with foil (my advice, grease up the foil a little, I had a hard time with mine and was wishing I greased).  Cut into bars and serve!  Make sure to enjoy one or two before you share, or you might not get any!!

Enjoy!! and thank you Bakergirl for sharing the recipe! (check out her blog, she has yummy things and takes yummy looking photos!!)

2 comments:

  1. wow---maybe---not sure about the oreos but maybe

    what about with those new cake batter oreos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it could be done with any cookie that goes well with marshmallow

      Delete