Monday, May 24, 2010

Sorry its been so long - Swirls and Stripes and Racial Harmony

Here are the projects I worked on this weekend...
This was a two layered chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.  Covered in fondant.  It was for a new client that won with her bid on my "cake donation" for a charity.  Her daughter found a similiar design and asked if it could be done, and so it was! She was VERY happy with it, and the winning bid went to a very good cause... win/win for all!

Th 3D swirls were fun and added a nice tough.  I liked the colors, they were different but fav's of little Sadia.

Next was my boyfriends cousin's graduation party.  He wanted something different to the traditional Congratulatory sheet cake.  Being a Seinfeld fan he asked if I could make the cake look like a Black and White cookie.  Naturally it had to say "Look to the Cookie".
It was a three layer marble cake with chocolate pudding filling.  The icing was traditional black and white cookie icing.
Thin icing like that has a hard time staying vertical, so it dripped a lot, but it got devoured so fast that I dont think anyone even noticed.  The cake was accompanied by Black and White cupcakes as well.

Lots of baking, but lots of fun too! I found some older cakes I have done and didnt have pics uploaded of, so I will be blogging those shortly!

1 comment:

  1. really great cakes don't know which I love more, cake one is so colorful but my all time favorite cookie is the black and white!!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete