Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!! - Candy Corn Cupcake Pops

I have a baptism cake, a pyrex post and a superb wedding cake post that I still need to share with you all... but in the spirit of the holiday this weekend, I am going to skip those for now and show you some Candy Corn Cupcake Pops that I made this morning.  The inspiration came from, of course, the wonderful Bakerella and her cupcake pops.  I haven't seen any to resemble candy corns, so I went for it!

I used vanilla cake, instead of the classic red velvet... and cream cheese icing that I have an abundance of in the freezer from last weekend.  I covered them with Yellow chocolate first, then Orange, naturally, and finished off with your White.  I have to admit, I did run out of Yellow and had to make just Orange and White, but it is often that you will find the rogue candy corn without a yellow bottom.




The inside!

Gotta admit... they taste pretty yummy!!

I hope everyone has a great and spooky Halloween, filled with tricks and treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment